Monday, April 16, 2012

Next steps

At our last doctor appointment we were discussing the next steps to take with the infertility journey. I went in thinking that I wasn't sure I wanted to get right back on medicine, however when it was brought up that we should wait another month before starting medication again I broke down in tears, IN THE OFFICE. I felt so ridiculous. Everyone was sympathetic and Evan even had questions. It was nice that he was so involved in it.

We are starting from square one. I am spending the next few weeks getting blood work and starting the pre-medicine to prime my body for the fertility medicine. Then, when all of that is set in place we will start the fertility medicine. We are going to increase the dose as well as start another medication. I will have to go for multiple ultrasounds as well as multiple rounds of blood work to see how the hormones are doing.

If all of that goes well, then maybe baby. But as we are learning, nothing is certain.

Thinking about all of this and the fact that we recently moved 30 minutes away from the doctor makes me exhausted already. However I am excited but slightly overwhelmed

Trying to stay cautiously optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment