Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Verses that have helped me

I wanted to share some verses that are very helpful. I will explain each. I hope you find some of these helpful as well.



Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

It really helps to know that this is not happening for no reason. God is very much involved even though I am not sure exactly what is going to happen from here.

Psalm 139:13

The Message (MSG)


13-16 Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;
you formed me in my mother's womb.
I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking!
Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
I worship in adoration—what a creation!
You know me inside and out,
you know every bone in my body;
You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
The days of my life all prepared
before I'd even lived one day.


This verse is so helpful. It reminds me that God created Mercy even before Mercy was conceived. Mercy was known to God, not forgotten, not overlooked. God had everyday prepared for Mercy before Mercy came to be.

Psalm 139:13-17

New International Version (NIV)

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.


This is the same verse just a different version.



Job 1:21
Naked I came from my mother's womb, naked I'll return to the womb of the earth. God gives, God takes. God's name be ever blessed.


This one is a little sadder however is still helpful. It helps to know that God is actively involved in my life. He is not sitting back and watching everything that is happening. It is also a reminder to praise God even in the difficult times.

Jeremiah 1:5
"Before I shaped you in the womb, I knew all about you. Before you saw the light of day, I had holy plans for you"


This is an awesome verse, God Knows us and has plans for us well before we are born, well before we were even conceived. God had a plan for Mercy, and I can only pray Mercy fulfilled his plan.

Luke 1:39-45
Mary didn't waste a minute. She got up and traveled to a town in Judah in the hill country, straight to Zachariah's house, and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby in her womb leaped. She was filled with the Holy Spirit, and sang out exuberantly, You're so blessed among women, and the babe in your womb, also blessed! And why am I so blessed that the mother of my Lord visits me? The moment the sound of your greeting entered my ears, The babe in my womb skipped like a lamb for sheer joy. Blessed woman, who believed what God said, believed every word would come true!


Ok, this one may need a little more of an explanation. Mary went to visit Elizabeth when she was still pregnant with Jesus. I should also say that Elizabeth was pregnant with John the baptist. When the two pregnant ladies were together, baby John "leaped" in the presence of God. This proves to me that each baby, each pregnancy is different, unique, and is recognized as an individual person in the eyes of God.

Romans 9: 10-13
And that's not the only time. To Rebecca, also, a promise was made that took priority over genetics. When she became pregnant by our one-of-a-kind ancestor, Isaac, and her babies were still innocent in the womb—incapable of good or bad—she received a special assurance from God. What God did in this case made it perfectly plain that his purpose is not a hit-or-miss thing dependent on what we do or don't do, but a sure thing determined by his decision, flowing steadily from his initiative. God told Rebecca, "The firstborn of your twins will take second place." Later that was turned into a stark epigram: "I loved Jacob; I hated Esau."


This verse is a verse that proves that God's plan is priority and it will not matter what we do or not do, God's plan will prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment