Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Denial

Well at the last doctor appointment, as the doctor was explaining to Evan why we were on the current treatments, I realized that we are not "unexplained". She diagnosed me with Lueteal phase deficiency. I had heard this before and had mixed feelings about it. She stated that due to the last blood tests I do in-fact have LPD.

Lueteal phase is the second half of the menstrual cycle. It is the length between ovulation and period. This means that my lueteal phase is not long enough. The problem with that is if we did conceive, the baby would not have enough time to implant and survive.

I was on a round of medicine that did help my hormone levels raise, and it looks like it lengthened my lueteal phase as well. We will see if this is the only problem or if there is something the doctors dont see yet.

It kills me to think that we may have conceived but my body betrayed me and didn't recognize them, or give them time to survive. This is something I will never really know but we have to move forward and try these different treatments and see if they help.

No comments:

Post a Comment