Wednesday, December 14, 2011

X-rays and Fertility?

So everything was going well today. I was happy, hopeful for this month. Evan and I began talking we discussed all the medications I am on. I told him that I have always kind of known that it was going to be difficult for me to have children. No doctor told me, just a gut feeling.

See as a teenager I was diagnosed with scoliosis. This is the curvature of the spine. I needed many many X-rays. The doctors never put a lead lap belt on me. It always bothered me but then I was too timid to say anything. Now they think my egg quality may be a little low. I never told Evan about the X-rays, as I thought it wasn't a big deal. It is what it is. The medication concerns Evan, So he has asked me to schedule an appointment so he can talk to the doc about the risks of the medications and what the results of taking a break would be.

So we are adding yet another doctor appointment because Evan wasn't quite engaged in the medicine and told me to go to my appointments alone. I tried to explain what was happening and what the risks of the medicine were. So tomorrow I will call to make an appointment so Evan can make more informed decisions as to when we will take a break, if we want to try IUI or just go to IVF. or if we want to skip it completely and go to adoption.

These decisions are huge, and definitely stressful! They will affect the rest of our lives. I am glad Evan is becoming more interested in the process.


This is similar to what my X-rays looked like before and after surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment